Journey to an Unexpected World
- Unless stated otherwise, assume the world is the standard D&D world.
- The northern continent the party starts in is called Erlus, the southern continent is Rilse, the western landmass is called Holota.
- The mountains to the north and the land around them are controlled by various barbarian tribes, which usually spend all their time warring among themselves. Occasionally, an empire will arise in Erlus, who always eventually encroach on that land, and force confrontations with the tribes. A strong leader will unite the tribes, sweep down and devastate the empire, winning much loot to take back. The Khet mountain range separating the two continents was made artificially high and difficult to cross to prevent this mess from ever coming south.
- The biggest city in the northern continent is called Erluta.
- The three cities on Rilse are Hericule, Marilli, and Brilsa. The three cities have a unique relationship due to their close proximity. Hericule focuses on teaching all types of martial combat and raising the best fighters, Marilli researches all non-religious types of magic and teaches the best magic users, and Brilsa has become the religious center of the entire world. The three cities both compete and cooperate, each controlling a roughly equal amount of power in the region.
- The island in the south was torn off of Rilse and made a truly hellish landscape during the great war against the necromancer almost a century ago. Nobody goes there now.
Information about the western continent forthcoming.